Friday, February 27, 2009

Beets of Consecration

Yesterday, I had chicken breast and beets for lunch and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Not just because it was tasty and warm, but because I always feel that way I have some of my beets. The reason is, my beets came from a fellow ward member's garden and I canned them at another ward member's house. The first ward member had a surplus of beets, the second had canning supplies and a lot of experience, and I had the universal need for nourishment and a desire to learn how to can. I just love the pooling of knowledge and resources that my church community allows me. To me, that's the Law of Consecration.

3 comments:

  1. My mom once told me beets were candy so I had them all the time. Then I realized the whole thing was a lie and I can't eat them anymore, not because of the taste of the beet but because of the taste of deceit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should update this more. I like reading it. Blog away!
    Please?

    ReplyDelete