Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The F-Word

Am I a feminist?

Huh? What? Me? Who told you?

I'll make this short and sweet: of course I'm a feminist. What kind of person isn't a feminist? You don't believe in women's rights?

If you don't want to call yourself a feminist because of the stigma, consider that fact to be evidence of the difficulty in re-defining the status quo. A lot of women, especially LDS women, are afraid to insist on non-traditional treatment because they don't want to sound like "feminists." Non-traditional treatment may or may not be good, but whether or not something is "feminist" has nothing to do with it's worth.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it sorta hard to be feminist when you're a guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, men can be feminists, too. You just have to believe in women's rights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that makes me a male feminist then =D

    ReplyDelete